Lopi vs. Quad Mt Vernon AE vs. Quad Mt Vernon E2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

J Bone

Jan 21, 2018
Washington
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a new pellet stove for a new house build and would like any opinions that anyone cares to offer. My parents had a pellet stove when I was a kid (a long, looong time ago), but I have never owned one.

My small town only has 2 dealers - a Lopi dealer and a Quadrafire dealer.

In doing my own amateur research, it seems that the Lopi's are overpriced when comparing feature-to-feature to the Quadrafire's, so I am thinking about ruling them out.

So, then the question becomes - I am looking at the Mt Vernon line-up. Do I go with a E2 or AE?

The E2 is considerably cheaper (almost $1000 less), and the only differences I see are slightly less BTU output and a lack of "7-day programmable control" with the E2. The other specs seem pretty equal. It seems that the E2 is a better deal. Am I missing something? Or is the 7-day control supposedly worth almost $1K?

Or should I just forget it and buy a Harman, even though the dealer is about a 90-minute drive away?

I understand that opinions are subjective, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The E2 is a pellet stove only, where as the AE is a multi fuel stove. And I think they discontinued the E2 if I am not mistaken. I know nothing about the Lopi's so can't help you there. I would ask around and see which dealer stands behind their sales, and are good when servicing as this is a big plus also. kap