Lori Cape Cod price comparison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lone

Nov 22, 2014
Huntsville, AL
I am having a Lopi Cape Cod installed into a new construction. My dealer is quoting me 6137.19 for the labor, material, and stove. The stove is quoted at 4023.00. Is this a reasonable price?

Last edited:
No way to respond with an accurate opinion without more details on what the installation will involve. For example: what sort of chimney? What is included in the installation? Since you say it is for new construction it's probably safe to assume you aren't talking about running a ss flex liner up an existing chimney for a masonry fireplace. Is this going to be a Class chimney outside the house? See what I mean?

Reactions: webby3650
Excuse me ignorance. Below is the quote. They are purposing to run a pipe thru the roof. But I may have my builder build a chimney on the roof for it. Hope this helps you to help me, LOL thanks.

CAPE COD NEW IRON WOOD STOVE for 4,023.00

CAPE COD REAR FAN 1 for 351.00

6' X 66' TELES. BLACK PIPE 1 for 110.41

6' X 24' BLACK PIPE 2 for 74.16

6' X 12' BLK. SINGLE WALL PIPE for 24.05

6' X 45^ BLACK ELBOW 2 for 64.50

6' 2100^ INSULATION SHIELD 1 for 133.40

6' 2100^ DLX. CEILING SUPPORT 1 for 190.35

6' X 48' 2100^ PIPE 2 for 507.62

6' X 36' 2100^ PIPE 1 for 205.36

6' 2100^ STORM COLLAR 1 for 19.07

6' 2100^ RAIN CAP 1 for 123.93

RUSCOE HV CLEAR CAUL 1 for 9.72

Labor 750.00

4' X 8' 26GA BLACK SHEETMETAL 1 for 95.04

4 X 10 BLK ANGLE FLASHING 2 for 44.18

#9-15 X 1' RUBBER WASHER SCREW 60 for 5.40

Hey Big Lone,
I'm going to assume that all those measurements where you used the ' symbol you actually meant to use the " symbol. Since ' means feet and " means inches. If my assumption is wrong, then you are getting a really good deal on the pipe! I'll let others who are more familiar with the prices of these pieces to give you a more precise answer on whether the quote looks good or not, but to me the prices seem high.

What are you planning to do for protection under and around the stove? And what sort of wall is going to be behind your stove? You need to know those things in order to plan your stove placement for proper clearances to combustible surfaces.

I seem to recall I was quoted appx. $3,500 for a cape cod with a blower 2 years ago by a local dealer here in mass, so, given inflation and what not, I suppose $4k isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Wow- Know the cape cod is a nice stove, but wow. All the other prices listed seem in line with local pricing here. Excuse my shock, in the big scheme over the life of the stove, I know its not that much more, I do find it interesting that its warranty appears not to be as strong as their steel stoves... Its listed as 5 years vice 7 like the others except Republic series... Hey don't let me spoil it for you, congrats on your new stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.