Lowes just raised price to $5.99

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the manager can say NO, they won't price match. Have proof that you can get them for $xxx at another location and they will price match plus give you 10% off. THat is what I did a week ago, and got my $5.99 back from lowes for cheaper than what HD was sellign for (even though they were sold out!).

I used my smartphone to prove the prices cause I couldn't find my receipt.

remember, they adverstise 100% satisfaction etc...

Just bought a couple bags of Curran Pellets last nite for 4.50 a bag at the Presque Isle Lowes......They wont match Walmart either I was told.(Walmart is still 190 a ton for MWP)

lightyear said:
I don't think the manager can say NO, they won't price match. Have proof that you can get them for $xxx at another location and they will price match plus give you 10% off. THat is what I did a week ago, and got my $5.99 back from lowes for cheaper than what HD was sellign for (even though they were sold out!).

Wait, you went to Lowes, bought pellets, then showed the recpt to Home Depot got the pellets for 10% cheaper, then went back to Lowes and returned the pellets?

Just checked again today. Lowes in Hamilton NJ. $3.74 per bag till 3/21/2011. I'm stopping every day on the way home and getting 20 bags.

this is the u.s.a you sell things for what ever you want, if some one does not want to pay the price they dont have to.the market will control the price,if the price is to high folks wont buy it,if it to low the seller will figure out they can get more and raise the price.if you own it you should be able to ask any price you want.no one has to buy it.

I was at Lowes in Pburg this morning, price is back to $3.74 a bag. However, all they had was some Prestologs and Infernos, neither of which is worth anything to me. HD in Pburg was out of pellets.

ebengel said:
I was at Lowes in Pburg this morning, price is back to $3.74 a bag. However, all they had was some Prestologs and Infernos, neither of which is worth anything to me. HD in Pburg was out of pellets.
I agree with you about the Infernos.
I would have jumped on the Prestologs, I have been burning them for several weeks now and they are pretty good. There a little dirty but the heat output is very good in my stove.

Anyone know what HD in Enfield is getting?, in Bloomfield they went up to $209.

FordMastertech said:
ebengel said:
I agree with you about the Infernos.
I would have jumped on the Prestologs, I have been burning them for several weeks now and they are pretty good. There a little dirty but the heat output is very good in my stove.

I bought 10 bags of Prestologs earlier in the season and the only way they work well for me is to mix them with some Stove Chow or Somersets.

Franks said:
lightyear said:

Wait, you went to Lowes, bought pellets, then showed the recpt to Home Depot got the pellets for 10% cheaper, then went back to Lowes and returned the pellets?

Sorry, I had a typo. No, I used my receipt from HD to get a better deal at lowes. I meant to say I got my 5.99 BAGS. oops!

I am a NYS HEAP Vendor. I have not seen anything mentioned about the HEAP program on this site and thought there might be some folks interested in it. The HEAP program is a Federal program administered by individual States. I am sure all of States in the NorthEast offer this program.
If you or anyone one you know are are having a hard time paying their bills to keep their place warm call your County or Local officials to find out if your are eligible to get help.
It is fairly quick and easy. It doesn't matter what type of fuel you use including wood pellets, coal, compressed firewood, firewood, gas, oil, or electric. It doesn't matter if your are a tenet or an homeowner.

I was a little leery when I first became a supplier. Have said this, I have since been very impressed with the efficiency of the program, the people who administer the program, and the people who are enrolled in the program.

Peace.

Indy3 said:
All peletts at Lowes $3.74 per bag till 3/11/11. Thats the sale sign. Just picked up another 20 bags. Even talked the Mgr. into buying ripped bags. Got 8 for $1.86 ea. Right now 2 different Lowes by me have Nations Choice, Clean Energy, and Presto Logs.

Will you please post a picture of the Sale Sign? Thanks.

When I go out on Monday, I will take a pic.

My Lowes here has not budged ALL SEASON...$5.97/bag and only carrying Potomacs so I've been supporting HD with their sweet prices and my dealer that I bought my stove from at $5/bag.

doone060 said:
I am a NYS HEAP Vendor. I have not seen anything mentioned about the HEAP program on this site and thought there might be some folks interested in it. The HEAP program is a Federal program administered by individual States. I am sure all of States in the NorthEast offer this program.
If you or anyone one you know are are having a hard time paying their bills to keep their place warm call your County or Local officials to find out if your are eligible to get help.
It is fairly quick and easy. It doesn't matter what type of fuel you use including wood pellets, coal, compressed firewood, firewood, gas, oil, or electric. It doesn't matter if your are a tenet or an homeowner.

I was a little leery when I first became a supplier. Have said this, I have since been very impressed with the efficiency of the program, the people who administer the program, and the people who are enrolled in the program.

Peace.

I agree, the HEAP program is helpful to folks. But here in Oswego county, it is a cluster F. That part that is fun for me is when we deliver heap pellets to $200K homes that have cars in the driveway that I could never afford.

j-takeman said:
Lowes in Torrington increased to $4.18/bag or $209/ton

Same in Milford MA. Was told it went up Wed / Thurs last week.

Franks said:
doone060 said:

Peace.

I agree, the HEAP program is helpful to folks. But here in Oswego county, it is a cluster F. That part that is fun for me is when we deliver heap pellets to $200K homes that have cars in the driveway that I could never afford.

$200K might get you a nice double wide with a few acres around here.
I have notice a few people that use to have money are hitting some hard times. 95% of my HEAP customers don't have much money but they are good folks who appreciate anything you can do for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.