LumberWorks Chainsaw Gloves, preliminary review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada is a great place to live and would not trade it for any other! But here is what pisses me off so much, the gloves Goose reviewed here are $ 28.00 at Amicks & made by a glove company in Canada (despite where they may be manufactured). I called the company direct as they have an office here in the 'bert. They do not sell direct to the public (no problem with this I can understand that). He (the rep) said he can add the gloves I want to an order of one of there normal distributes (good idea!) Final selling price would be about $ 45.00!! WTF All most double, may actually be cheaper to order them out of the US and have them mailed to me. I guess that is why so many Canadians now go to the US to buy cars, trucks, quads, boats & now chainsaw gloves.

For our US friends that may not be aware many Canadians now go to the US to buy big items. You can normally save 1/3 of the cost. When you buy a $30K item it makes it worth the trip. Sorry for the rant - back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Just be glad you aren't getting all the government that you pay for...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.