Mars Rover attempting landing tonight - BFD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a hangar in Nevada.

Where's the cup holder?

...(where is the nearest car wash, he is looking a bit dirty).

Oh, don't worry...that dust & stuff won't stand a chance against Curiosity's break-neck acceleration up to 1.5 Inches/second.

Oh, don't worry...that dust & stuff won't stand a chance against Curiosity's break-neck acceleration up to 1.5 Inches/second.

Hmmpf - if this is what nuclear power gets us in a vehicle, I am not very impressed.

Hmmpf - if this is what nuclear power gets us in a vehicle, I am not very impressed.

it sounds way faster in metric....

11.5 hours per mile, give or take depending on the traffic.

You forgot to take into account "sight seeing" and "rest stops".

Reactions: firefighterjake
velvetfoot, I think the plan is to run tests on various systems for a couple weeks before movement begins.
Then, watch out! If you stood still in front of it long enough, you'd get almost run over.

velvetfoot, I think the plan is to run tests on various systems for a couple weeks before movement begins.
Then, watch out! If you stood still in front of it long enough, you'd get almost run over.

Not exactly. Computer memory limitations required that the "space travel" software be loaded for the launch, transit, and landing...now a whole other code set has to take its place to enable the rover's surface exploration funtions. Go to the JPL link, and look at the article on the left under "Updates". They're calling what needs to be done a "brain transplant". ;lol

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

You forgot to take into account "sight seeing" and "rest stops".
You're right. How many women on board?

Sounds like it's got two brains. I'm guessing one side is there to make sure the other stops and asks for directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.