Massive load of oak split in 20 hours.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Started Wednesday, finished Saturday, 20 hours total, brutal, 3 piles one 22 feet long and 7 feet high, 0ne 20 feet long about 4 feet, and a scrap pile on the left, notice tools of my trade. Not bad for a little man 6 feet at 180lbs.

load of oak.jpeg crop.jpg pile1.jpg pile2.jpg pile3.jpg pile4.jpg pile5.jpg

Good looking pile of oak.

I leave piles like that uncovered through the winter. And stack and cover next year.

I leave piles like that uncovered through the winter. And stack and cover next year.
I believe I'm going to do that, I checked moisture and got 28% on the biggest rounds.

Looks like you might have a chord or two. Stacked wood always looks like way more than it is. Once you stack it you will realize what you have.

I have similar piles. In fact 5 dump trucks worth that i've been bucking and splitting for the last month. I've got 3 chords stacked so far and look to be about half way there. I typically do about an hour or 2 a day, in the afternoon if it's cool..

nice work! nothing better than getting it all split.