Mature Oak Trees in Florida

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

krasher

Aug 11, 2017
los angeles
I am planning to build in Tampa. There are several mature oak trees that need removal. Are there people who might want the tree or its wood? I would love to give them to someone who would be responsible for the removal and the cleanup of leftover debris. How would I find someone like this?

Craigslist may be your best bet.

I am planning to build in Tampa. There are several mature oak trees that need removal. Are there people who might want the tree or its wood? I would love to give them to someone who would be responsible for the removal and the cleanup of leftover debris. How would I find someone like this?

Not a great scrounging market down there for Live Oak when the winter nights dip into the 40s occasionally.

Not a great scrounging market down there for Live Oak when the winter nights dip into the 40s occasionally.

Word
I doubt your going to get any takers and there is not a big wood market there.

Reactions: Fuut Master
They may be of more interest to people who could mill the timber. Try posting on a woodworkers or woodmillers forum.

Craigslist laugh of the day material ?

Reactions: mtarbert