Me and Einar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg_Redd

Minister of Fire
Oct 19, 2008
Shelton, WA
With my 9 year old nephew I bucked, split and hauled 2 cord of Bigleaf Maple today. He did 90% of the loading and stacking in the truck and did not utter a single complaint.

Bigg_Redd said:
With my 9 year old nephew I bucked, split and hauled 2 cord of Bigleaf Maple today. He did 90% of the loading and stacking in the truck and did not utter a single complaint.
Just when you start to think "kids today..."

Glad to hear there are still some men in the making.

Danno77 said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I got him one of those hardhat/ears/face shield combo deals. He loves it. He said "Does this mean I get to run the saw?" I said, "Soon, buddy. Soon."

Don't let your new saw be the first he ever runs. You'll ruin him for life. Get him a non-running 170/180 and tell him you'll buy any parts he needs and he can use it when he gets it running.

Redd,
Had a friend who spelled his name "Inar". I hear it means warrior. Sounds like the boy is off to a good start.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I got him one of those hardhat/ears/face shield combo deals. He loves it. He said "Does this mean I get to run the saw?" I said, "Soon, buddy. Soon."

That's awesome. :coolsmirk:

Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
Bigg_Redd said:

Hes hooked now! ;-) Maybe get him a hearth account he could be the bigg_redd1...

smokinjay said:
Hes hooked now! ;-) Maybe get him a hearth account he could be the bigg_redd1...
little_redd

Blue Vomit said:
Redd,
Had a friend who spelled his name "Inar". I hear it means warrior. Sounds like the boy is off to a good start.

It's Norwegian. . . I think. And I think there are Danish and Swedish spellings.

smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
Bigg_Redd said:

HA!

He's got red hair too.

Bigg_Redd said:
With my 9 year old nephew I bucked, split and hauled 2 cord of Bigleaf Maple today. He did 90% of the loading and stacking in the truck while I held the whip and did not utter a single complaint.

I fixed that sentence in the quote for you Bigg_Redd...

Actually, congratulations on having a 9 year old to help and that is a lot of wood for him to handle. Cherish those moments working with the young and I'm betting he is thinking he has a great Uncle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.