Melted BlazeKing 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I sold the old King for $700. Bought a new King at $200 off with the pedestal and fans. All that helped me buy Duravent double wall pipe, collar, and chimney attachment. It's installed and works well. I'm surprised at how well the stove can keep the low and slow burn without snuffing out the fire. I'm less impressed with the adjustable Duravent. It is really, really, hard to slide so annual pipe cleaning is going to be more of a chore than I had hoped.
Remember the 25D tax credit...if you have tax liability in 2021. Thank you!

Remember the 25D tax credit...if you have tax liability in 2021. Thank you!
Yeah, I should be able to grab another $1000 or so from that tax credit. Regarding the fans, I can't find anything online about different sizes of fan housing. The ones the dealer gave me are too short. Is there a fan model specific for the King?

I sold the old King for $700. Bought a new King at $200 off with the pedestal and fans. All that helped me buy Duravent double wall pipe, collar, and chimney attachment. It's installed and works well. I'm surprised at how well the stove can keep the low and slow burn without snuffing out the fire. I'm less impressed with the adjustable Duravent. It is really, really, hard to slide so annual pipe cleaning is going to be more of a chore than I had hoped.
Someone paid you 700 for that? Wow

Well I guess the tstat was still working in it and it was a good shell and door, but no way was it worth that much! Glad to hear you are back up and running and it all worked out in the end.

@BKVP better alert the guys in customer service about getting a call on how to fix that stove :)
I also want to give a shout out to this forum. The feedback/input was timely and helpful. I did not think that I was going to replace that burned up stove with another BlazeKing, but it was hard to argue with the enduser input received here.

Yup. And he drove 3 hours one way to pick it up. He was going to weld new steel and put it in a large garage/shop so he wanted the capacity.
That is crazy but good for you

Reactions: rdust
Sometimes a slip doesn’t slip all that well. I have to adjust it manually you might say, sometimes they aren’t exactly round and need some help. We use soap water or pb blaster sometimes on stubborn joints.

Yeah, I should be able to grab another $1000 or so from that tax credit. Regarding the fans, I can't find anything online about different sizes of fan housing. The ones the dealer gave me are too short. Is there a fan model specific for the King?
Maybe they gave you the fans for an Ashford/sirrico rather than king/princess?

Maybe they gave you the fans for an Ashford/sirrico rather than king/princess?
They did give me the wrong fans. Swapped them out, only to find the replacements fit but were damaged. Took those back, tested that replacement set at the store and.....loving the stove. Been cutting, splitting and stacking wood all evening. Most is well seasoned, but sadly some is a little on the moist side....going to fun to dial this thing in.

Sometimes a slip doesn’t slip all that well. I have to adjust it manually you might say, sometimes they aren’t exactly round and need some help. We use soap water or pb blaster sometimes on stubborn joints.
I thought about that, but I had a healthy dose of fear putting flammable liquids in /around the stack. Soap and water, however, didn't cross my mind. May have to give that a shot.

Sounds like it's time to stick a fork in this thread and open one on the new and improved chapter.