Memories

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
The attached picture is the wood/coal burner I grew up with in the early 60's in The Netherlands. We had no gas yet, so all our meals were cooked on this stove.

We burned everything in this Etna, wood, coal, old shoes, you name it.

Attachments

• Etna.jpg
    Etna.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 455
That is a beautiful stove! I wish I had one like that.

Thanks for sharing Jan. That is a nice looking stove. I think it's the first one I've seen with the 3 burner configuration.

Thanks for sharing Jan. That is a nice looking stove. I think it's the first one I've seen with the 3 burner configuration.
The 3-burner config was nice. You could remove several rings to fit your pots and pans. My parents had this stove as a heating and cooking device in their kitchen from 1956 till 1964 when we got natural gas.

I found some more old pictures.
Here is a similar Etna all burner (coal, wood, old shoes) we had in the living room.
KGrHqVksFB0yfoQbBQvK9yi960_84.jpg

Then in 1963-1964, we got natural gas supplied to homes in The Netherlands and we went "high tech" with this DRU gas stove.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcXFLtBWOkp6HWgtPjQ-fXkHTV-imj_Y-54btoSIUwC2jsOj2NQA.jpg

Last edited:
Cool heaters Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.