Menards Soft Wood Premium Plellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Never tried them ... the closest Menard's used to carry Indeck's which I have tried. Since that is primarily what they carried never bothered looking again as the last bag had an overwhelming swamp smell.

Is there a upc code associated? could scan or check numbers to see if it identifies the source.

I'll check for a upc when I stop by this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Despite the photo they may show of a particular brand of pellet on the website, if they are special order, odds are they won't have any in stock, and the distribution center will source whatever is both cheap and easy to ship. They really won't commit to a particular brand of pellet (hard wood or softwood for that matter). What you get is what you get.

Reactions: riverhead67
Despite the photo they may show of a particular brand of pellet on the website, if they are special order, odds are they won't have any in stock, and the distribution center will source whatever is both cheap and easy to ship. They really won't commit to a particular brand of pellet (hard wood or softwood for that matter). What you get is what you get.
Yeah that is what I am afraid of. There is limited suppliers in the Kansas City area. Menard's and Tractor Supply is about it that I can find.

Yeah that is what I am afraid of. There is limited suppliers in the Kansas City area. Menard's and Tractor Supply is about it that I can find.

Do you have Lowe's and Home Depot? They sell pellets here and elsewhere. Also call some agri-supply businesses. Around here we have Southern States, Orschlen's, etc;

Reactions: Lake Girl
If your Tractor Supply has the Rocky Mountain brand in the green bags I would recommend those. I have been very happy with them the last two years and will be stocking up for next year on them. You can tell if they are last year's (2015) because they added a handle to the top of the bag in 2016. Both burn the same if they were stored dry.

Reactions: Lake Girl