MICHIGAN PELLETS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnfire

Oct 6, 2014
Michigan
Who is burning what and how they working for you..

I have tried:

Pro pellets Not bad good heat i think alot of ash

Isabella's Soft wood no to very little ash low BTU's

Index alot of ash not much BTU's

SIH Not bad think a little lower BTU then the pro pellets

Somerset and Kirkland I have had the best luck with. Good heat and not much ash.

propellet decent heat kinda ashy

Greenways. Very good heat, ashy

American pellet low heat ashy

Kirtland decent heat less ash, but feed gate has to be most the way open

TSC pellets medium heat ashy

American wood fiber hardwood. Good heat very dirty

never seen somersets and don't know what SIH is ??

2 bags of Kirklands down Lower heat but not enough to worry about I think then Pro pellets but no clinkers and ash is way better.... have 2 more bags to go through but liking them

kirklands tried a few bags like the little ash but BTU lower then i want tried TSC brand not bad but still looking for the best LOL

If you want to try greenways, I got mine from meijer.

somersets are great, the american wood fiber white pine is my fav, kirklands are crap made from jack pine and some hardwood, factory is hardly keeping the doors open due to returns of the pellets. The MWP are good to some ash but heat great, white fluffy ash.

i have been using magic spark made by pro pellets all year i think they are the cleanest i have burn and when it got cold the still did the job no problem. i try a bag of kirklands this year did not like them any pellet i put in that is that dark in color burns like crap. i used alot of somersets last year they are good and hot but i get a ton of build up in my pot.

Tried somersets they burn hot for sure ash wise same as pro pellets had to burn so SIH again white fluffy ash tried i think American wood fiber they were o.k

Not going to use Kirtland anymore. I have to have the feed rate all the way open when I use them. Very " non dense " pellet. Lots of bark i'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.