Mid-temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillBurns

Feeling the Heat
Nov 11, 2022
PA
Its been pretty nice here basically. 20s and night, 40/50 in the day. I still have a small fire going. I could get away without burning wood right now, But I like to have a fire. Maybe I need help. What temps do you finally fire her up? Depends on rain to a point. Damp, grey, chilly PA days.

Long Island here.

Fire off temps are 45 - 40 F, depending on temps, weather, dampness, etc.

Today, it was 45F outside, but damp and dreary. Reloaded (2 - 3 uglies on the coal bed) 2 Xs today. I'll have a decent coal bed to load it tonight, going down to low 30's high 20's.

39 and rainy outside now. I have a pine fire going. Can’t run the stove long or it’ll cook me out of here.

We will all have worse temps soon. BUt just keep a fire going! Im looking forward to snow. We got about 5 inches so far, but its early in the year still. Its still Autumn. I feel REALY bad for those that are stuck with just heating oil, I truly am. Ive been there done that my whole life, when prices were semi do-able. Now at pushing 6 bucks a gallon, it would cost me 3000 easy to heat, depending on the weather. Everyone please look out for less forunate neighbors, elderly, ect. I dont know how they will make it thru.

Hit 40 here today which is abnormal ,haven't had the stove going all afternoon.

Long Island here.

Fire off temps are 45 - 40 F, depending on temps, weather, dampness, etc.

Today, it was 45F outside, but damp and dreary. Reloaded (2 - 3 uglies on the coal bed) 2 Xs today. I'll have a decent coal bed to load it tonight, going down to low 30's high 20's.
Same here, depends on the weather. It was 48º this morning so no fire, but around noon the wind picked up and temps started dropping. 2 hrs later it's 6º colder and a fire has been started. It's gotten windy and the lights have flickered so I want to get the stove up to temp for anticipated colder temps tonight.