Minni Boss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
was looking for a 40cc saw but bought the 32cc minni boss instead8.8lb! Anyone running this saw and how you like it?
Just using for 4in and down

I have one and love it. For how light it is it has great power. It keeps me from getting tired when cutting...a real safety feature in my book.The easy start feature is also huge in my book. I also have a larger older stihl that I rarely use because it is heavy and cumbersome and takes a good deal of pulling to get started even when warmed up. Now I only use it for 16"+ and larger stuff.Yes the bigger one can cut faster...but not THAT much faster to make it more of a benefit than the lightness of the mini. anything below 16" and the Mini is the one I grab.Even dropping trees under 20" I feel it gives better control and being its newer,One or two easy pulls holding it between my knees is all it takes to fire it up and the carb works well in any orientation.No more putting it on the ground and pulling and pulling till I am winded. I can use the Mini boss for hours and still have some gas left in MY tank and not be soooo fatigued that I make a stupid mistake.

My buddy has one of these saws and it's great. It has a lot of power for it's size and is very easy to control. We have a lot of invasive bush honeysuckle around here and this saw is the perfect tool for cutting it down. I call it the mighty mite. The easy start and the tool free chain tightener are nice too.

Stihl makes a professional saw that's similar to this that has the trigger on top of the motor for one handed use. The model is
MS 192 T C-E. I had an opportunity to use one recently and it's also a great little saw.

The 180 is a great little saw for your intended purpose, I am using mine in a similar fashion. I did get the "c" model though. I like the tool free chain tensioner, one lese thing to lose in the woods.

180 C here. great little saw. you won't be dissapointed.

Used it for the frist time this weekend only thing i didnt like was changing the chain,but i will get use to it! 4 in. and down ran good and was a real help on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.