Missed a great score today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfd95

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island
Came across a crew of guys dropping four nice honey locust 12" to 18" round about 60' foot tall, straight as an arrow. They didn't understand my English and I sure as hell didn't understand their Spanish. Does anybody know how to say "Can I have the wood?" In Spanish?

Google it

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
"Oh look. Here comes the ICE!"

Came across a crew of guys dropping four nice honey locust 12" to 18" round about 60' foot tall, straight as an arrow. They didn't understand my English and I sure as hell didn't understand their Spanish. Does anybody know how to say "Can I have the wood?" In Spanish?

You can also use sign language. Start with, "No comprende Espanola." Then point to the wood and then to yourself. If you have a tape measurer, show them how long you would like the wood. Then break out some Cerveza (beer). They will comprende for sure.

Reactions: ScotO and blujacket
Reminded of having my first new house built in 1977. When I would go by to check on progress the whole crew would huddle at the back of the lot and the one guy that spoke English would hurry out to greet me smiling and keeping me out front.

But funniest was the contract right of way trimmers here in Virginia a few years ago. They spent the day up in the trees talking really nasty about me in Spanish. As they were packing up I spoke disparagingly of their mothers, in Spanish. Guess they didn't think guys that grew up in West Texas moved to Virginia. ;lol

I have a translator app for that, U speak in English, it repeats it back in Spanish, or vice versa , works great, came in handy in San Diego

Just ask them: Donde esta la playa con la cerveza y las mujeres?

They will be cracking up and let you have some wood.

Reactions: BrotherBart
Status
Not open for further replies.