Moderator "fossil"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
With great sadness we learned today that a great hearth.com moderator and personal friend Rick Booth, aka fossil on hearth.com, has lost his fight with cancer and passed away.

Rick was a huge part of making this site as great a resource as it is and you folks will never know how he personally, on the side, contributed financial assistance to members just because he was that kind of guy.

RIP my friend. The site, the World and my life are less without you Captain Rick.

Last edited:
Not on here long enough to have known him, but RIP Rick Booth.

Our deepest sympathies and condolences to all of his family, friends, and Hearth community.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

A big loss for Hearth and anyone that was touched by him.....

RIP

That is very sad.
I am so sorry for the loss of a fellow friend to the moderators on the board and a my heart and prayers go out to the Booth family.

Very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you BB, and all other family and friends. - Gabe

The world has lost one of the good guys. He helped many on many different levels. He was even a shipmate of mine at one time.

RIP Capt. Rick.

Terribly sad to hear. He was a staple on this forum and his advice was well revered. He will be missed.

A tip of the highball glass to fossil, tonight. I’m sorry to hear this, his family are in my prayers.

Last edited:
Very sad news and a great loss to the community. My thoughts go out to his family.

:( . . . Fossil was truly one of the good guys in this world. He will be missed.

Sad news, RIP. You will be missed. :(

When I first started coming here it didn't take long to notice which members always had really good advice. Rick was one of those members! My first stove was a Lopi and he had a Lopi so I remember following his posts closely and his wood shed was nothing short of awesome!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/the-taj-mahlog.17154/

Just got back and heard the sad news. Hearth.com has lost one of its finest. He will be dearly missed.