Modified Harman P 61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
So all I will say is has anyone ever seen a P 61 or P 68 modified like this to get some heat off the heat exchanger??

image.jpg image.jpg

If it is like my stove, the area around the heat exchange tubes is open to the fire box so CO would be contained in that area... not too smart to pipe that into your home. Is there a sealed steel plate above the exchangers and below where that vent is? Where did you come across this stove?

On the Elena air, there is a plate between the heat exchangers and the top of the stove. The very top plate has cut outs to allow air to be drawn in and down along the sides to the second convection fan that feeds the ductable ports out the back.

Attachments

• Elena Air.JPG
    Elena Air.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 111
Got it - Harman has accordion heat exchanger so that area is sealed but modification not UL or WH so nightmare for insurance and local building codes.

I saw that on CL when I was looking for a stove for my in-laws.

I saw it on CL, as well. I was half tempted to email the owner and ask what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.