Modifying width on Englander 25-EPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

krhodus

Dec 17, 2019
Ohio
I'm looking at installing an Englander 25-EPI inot my fireplace. My only issue is the opening of my fireplace is 42" wide and the 25-EPI is only 40". Has anyone modified this stove before to make it cover a wider opening or am I better off finding a different stove for my application?

I didn’t look at the stove too hard but it looks like the wings that cover the opening are bolted together ... something like a 1” c channel on each side with proper holes drilled and longer hardware would widen it... of course using weatherstrip between said pieces etc .. I’m just going off a quick stove picture