Modular Tiny Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Cosmic has developed an energy-efficient, modular home system with all mechanicals built-in. This includes rooftop solar, battery and thermal storage, ERV, & heat pump. The systems are built into the roof and floor structure which frees up interior space. It's a neat design that can get housing setup quickly on site.

I think these are going to become popular, but less so based on environmental reasons are more based on extreme housing prices. Sad part is in many centers a piece of dirt to put this on will be more expensive than the house.

First thought is........
Where would my wife keep all her shoes ;lol
These home styles are great options and would really force people to live smarter. Less useless possessions!
This particular offering looks like more of a fair-weather design. Can't imagine this functioning very well in a cold/snowy environ. I could be wrong.

This particular offering looks like more of a fair-weather design. Can't imagine this functioning very well in a cold/snowy environ. I could be wrong.
That's a good point. Maybe that's why Cosmic one had a rooftop patio. It would make it easier to get up there and sweep off the snow from the roof.