Moisture meter differences.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
For you guys who have the AW Perkins moisture meter, do you find that it tends to run a few percentage points higher than other meters? This is obviously a question for the wood nerds out there (like me) who have more than one meter.

I guess you may be the only one with more than one MC meter... _g

I also have 3 meters
2 for firewood which read the same and one
for cabinet making English traditional.
It is PIA to work with set up and doing the math
but very accurate to within .05 % of MC
a must-have for antique restortion

Reactions: Ctwoodtick
For you guys who have the AW Perkins moisture meter, do you find that it tends to run a few percentage points higher than other meters? This is obviously a question for the wood nerds out there (like me) who have more than one meter.

yep!

I have the AW Perkins (4 prong) and it has always read higher then any other I compared it to (which is three in total).

This is the one I have:

-THIS- is the other one I also have.

The third was a cheapy that I gave to a co-worker. The General Tools and the cheapy agreed with each other, which both were lower than the AW Perkins.

yep!

I have the AW Perkins (4 prong) and it has always read higher then any other I compared it to (which is three in total).

This is the one I have:

-THIS- is the other one I also have.

The third was a cheapy that I gave to a co-worker. The General Tools and the cheapy agreed with each other, which both were lower than the AW Perkins.
Thank you for the info and for making me realize I’m not alone with my having more than one moisture meter. #Moisture meter strong