moisture meter wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill*67

Jan 24, 2008
upper michigan
i'm looking to purchase a moisture meter, but dont want to spend alot of money. any knowledge of these things would help me greatly! thanks.

Amazon, eBay or Harbor Freight.

been a looooooong time since I ordered mine from HF and still haven't gotten it yet

Devinsdad,
Me too--HF sucks. What's worse is that they don't even let you know what's going on. Both times I found out it was backordered after emailing them.

I don't care how good it is, it's not worth waiting for.

S

My HF meter (probably the cheapest they carry - no digital readout, just a LED ladder that lights up) crapped out after a couple months. Yay.

thanks everyone for the ideas! i knew i could find good answers here.

my bugget is $100.00.

For $100, you could buy a $10 multimeter, and then for $0.10 you could print out the USFS PDF and just cross-reference megohm readings to moisture content by wood species. Not hard to do. And I could think of some pretty good things to do with $90.

Status
Not open for further replies.