moisture meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a mmd4e from general tools.
Most in the same (low) price range are adequate.

I have a $14 one from Harbor Freight. So far works good.

I am using at Stihl meter

I have a mmd4e from general tools.
Most in the same (low) price range are adequate.
I've had one for years. Maybe they fixed it on the newer ones, but the power button on mine is too easy to press. If you try to carry it in your pocket, it constantly turns on when you don't want it to.
I have a $14 one from Harbor Freight. So far works good.
I've got one of those too. Button-cell batteries are the drawback. I need to find one that works on AA or AAA, now that I use re-chargeables..

I've had one for years. Maybe they fixed it on the newer ones, but the power button on mine is too easy to press. If you try to carry it in your pocket, it constantly turns on when you don't want it to.

I've got one of those too. Button-cell batteries are the drawback. I need to find one that works on AA or AAA, now that I use re-chargeables..
You must use yours a lot to go through button cells. Still on my original batteries from early Fall. They are cheap on Amazon.

You must use yours a lot to go through button cells. Still on my original batteries from early Fall. They are cheap on Amazon.
I haven't used it much recently. Something is wrong with it I think, but I'd have to look at it again to recall what it was. I just sidelined it and have been using the General lately. When it was last working, it didn't seem to be sucking batteries down too fast, but seems like it did earlier...maybe I was just using it more often then.