Moisture meter - Which one do you use??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Hey guys

I am looking at getting myself a moisture meter. There seems to be THOUSANDS of them out there. I am looking for a decent one, that is relatively accurate and is not more than $100 (not to mention available in Canada!!).

It need not be an Analytical one, I simply want to measure the moisture content of my wood!!!

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

ANdrew

I have been burning wood for a long long long time , since I bought my home in the 70's , way before there even was such a thing as a moisture tester . Check out harbor freight or ebay , I wouldnt be dumping a whole pile of cash into one as this is more for to satisfy your couriosity than anything . Another thing is I know myself you wont be testing every piece of wood you have .

The one I have a picked up at menards was like 19 bucks , You may even locate one at homedepot.
Webie

Try Canadian Tire.... I have one, and it's not too bad at all.... Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.