Mom is a troll but it paid off this Christmas!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
For those who remember I hauled a truck load of wood "up north" as we say in Michigan to Mom on her 70th bday at the end of November. She burns in a Hearthstone and probably burns 75% of the time which is darn good as far as I'm concerned.

She knows about Hearth and occasionally trolls looking mostly at everyones wood piles. Well she knew I wanted a "lever" to help roll some of the larger logs that I cut up. Thanks to Hearth, I'm the proud owner of a new 48" Stihl cant hook. She told me the guys said to get this one not the p thing! :). She said the guy on here from Alaska has one so it must work. I was laughing becuz we all know that bogydave has one and I bet thats who she seen on a thread. I guess as long as she doesn't snoop on here to much and then try and convince me how "they" say to split wood vertical all will be ok! Man its one beefy tool and will be used soon! Thanks Mom

She ain't trolling. It is called "lurking". Congrats on the new toy.

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
I'll bet you will make good use of that cant hook too. Take care of mother!

Reactions: ScotO and n6crv
Glad to see your Mom's still trolling/lurking/surfing the net here at 70! Way to go Mom!

Reactions: ScotO
Now I'm scared. A "Mom" is listening to my opinion.
I guess that means I'm getting/got old & might have some wisdom showing up. LOL :)

Reactions: ScotO and n6crv
I guess that means I'm getting/got old & might have some wisdom showing up. LOL :)

Yep, neck and neck with backwoods savage. Haha
Thanks for the help Dave. :D

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
If she's south of the bridge, she's a troll who's lurking.;lol
Just ask the yoopers.
She south of the bridge but calls me a flat lander. Lol.....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
haha this is great.

R

Reminds me of a joke:
"When I was 14, I couldn't believe how dumb my parents were. I knew so much more than they did.
When I was 21, I was absolutely astounded at how much they learned in just 7 years."

Reactions: n6crv
Lurking . . . not trolling.

If she was trolling she would have come on here and said something about how you have told her in confidence that you really prefer to heat with oil and love nothing more than to go shopping at the mall instead of cutting, splitting and stacking wood. ;)

Your Mom sounds pretty cool!

Reactions: ScotO
R

Reminds me of a joke:
"When I was 14, I couldn't believe how dumb my parents were. I knew so much more than they did.
When I was 21, I was absolutely astounded at how much they learned in just 7 years."

My dad told that joke last night at Christmas dinner, but a little differently.

"When my kids were young, they thought I was the strongest and smartest man on the earth. When they became teenagers, I became the weakest and dumbest person in the world over night. When they turned 30, I became wise."

Cannot tell you how many times I have heard that line. Nowadays, I tease him and tell him that 10% of the time he is right, and we just have to find that 10% every day. Sometimes, it is less, sometimes more, but on average, 10%. lol

At the end of the day, my dad is a great man and I think he can do almost anything (with my help of course). If I found him lurking on this website, I would fall out of my chair.

And OP, good for your mom. I bought the Stihl cant hook last September and it is a wonderful tool. So much beefier than the stuff they had in stock at Ace Hardware. I had to special order the Stihl. Took forever to be delivered.

Hello Corunna ;)
I went right by your front door 4 days ago..
Your Mom has U covered, :cool: and knows where to get the right information :)

Reactions: PapaDave
Hello Corunna ;)
I went right by your front door 4 days ago..
Your Mom has U covered, :cool: and knows where to get the right information :)

Hey HD. You should've stopped by. I have some sugar maple that needs splitting!:D
Mom called and said single digits tonight. I asked her if she had the wood stove going, her response.... " what do you think ". :)

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
You know you spend too much time on this forum when somebody states "that guy up in alaska with the cant hook" and you instinctively know its BogyDave.;lol

Love your mother! All my mother ever got me was a box of rocks and a punch in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.