More Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like I'll need more slugs or shells, it's on the southside of the property so I'll be shootiing back towards our land, not a house around.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4803.JPG
    100_4803.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_4804.JPG
    100_4804.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 161
Save your ammo. Nothing some black powder can't handle:)

Your cherry will fill your woods with some good smells. Is that your posted sign there? Been working at friend's house to help him get ahead, finished css some oak and hickory. Fell head first off a huge pile of frost covered rounds, duh. Resting today

Your cherry will fill your woods with some good smells. Is that your posted sign there? Been working at friend's house to help him get ahead, finished css some oak and hickory. Fell head first off a huge pile of frost covered rounds, duh. Resting today
Yes, it's a posted sign that is inside our line by 30-40 feet, the damn trees I put it on come down. How are you feeling?

Yes, it's a posted sign that is inside our line by 30-40 feet, the damn trees I put it on come down. How are you feeling?

Ok. Was stupid really. i think the sassafras i was burning brought bad luck! We had a pile of rounds he was collecting about 10 ft high. I had to go up to toss a few of a particular species he wanted to keep separate, everything was sturdy except that shadowed split I stepped down on, and frost covered. I slipped, tried to break my fall, but nothing was there, head first but managed to land on my back, right onto a log, with a old branch cutoff but not flush with the log. Felt a snap right on my spine but I'm ok. Black and blue, rested 10 minutes, had a smoke, finished 2 cords. Was lucky, pure luck.... could have been way worst. Just sore. Now that I'm 2 winters ahead, taking the time to educate and help others. I just enjoy the woodworking that much, as you do.

Enjoy that cherry zap. Good idea on blasting it off. Gonna try that one. Just so I don't stand under the branch while shooting.

Know that feeling. I stepped back on some rounds, came down directly on one. Gave a whole new meaning to "busting your butt". It was several weeks before I could sit without leaning to one side.

Ok. Was stupid really. i think the sassafras i was burning brought bad luck! We had a pile of rounds he was collecting about 10 ft high. I had to go up to toss a few of a particular species he wanted to keep separate, everything was sturdy except that shadowed split I stepped down on, and frost covered. I slipped, tried to break my fall, but nothing was there, head first but managed to land on my back, right onto a log, with a old branch cutoff but not flush with the log. Felt a snap right on my spine but I'm ok. Black and blue, rested 10 minutes, had a smoke, finished 2 cords. Was lucky, pure luck.... could have been way worst. Just sore. Now that I'm 2 winters ahead, taking the time to educate and help others. I just enjoy the woodworking that much, as you do.

Enjoy that cherry zap. Good idea on blasting it off. Gonna try that one. Just so I don't stand under the branch while shooting.

Glad your feeling better. That Cherry is off my wifes winter walking trail so I'll be taking a run at it next week on Sunday.

On my ride Saturday I spotted a nice Ironwood I might grab this coming Saturday.

Zap, this ironwood, is it strictly in the northern areas? I have read recently that it is one off the top btu woods out there. Is there another name for it?

Oh yeah.... we got that here. Gonna have to keep my eye open for it. Thx

Reactions: zap
Ironwood is awesome! Love putting a few pieces in overnight, they burn hot and leave great coals

Reactions: AJS56 and zap
ready, aim, TIMBER....

I sure hope that heals fast. It hurts just reading about it! It also reminds me of the bad fall I took a couple months ago and I have not been the same since.

Looks like I'll need more slugs or shells, it's on the southside of the property so I'll be shootiing back towards our land, not a house around.

zap
Zap if it were me, I'd consider throwing a rope over that thing and winching it over.......use a weighted throw line to get the rope over the snag. Either way, you be careful. I HATE them hangers like that. Lots of good wood in that cherry, though.

Reactions: Thistle and zap
Was lucky, pure luck.... could have been way worst.
yes, it could have...glad ur okay...I'm sure many can relate to close calls and it does make you feel lucky...

Zap if it were me, I'd consider throwing a rope over that thing and winching it over.......use a weighted throw line to get the rope over the snag. Either way, you be careful. I HATE them hangers like that. Lots of good wood in that cherry, though.
We had a go at it with a line around it, it's holding strong. We might get some snow with high winds so I'll give mother nature another shot before I bring out the MULE!

Reactions: smokinj
Speaking of winter Zap I got a coat coming the gf making that will make Jeremiah Johnson coat look like it was make for mid Summer....Comm'on Snow!;)

Speaking of winter Zap I got a coat coming the gf making that will make Jeremiah Johnson coat look like it was make for mid Summer....Comm'on Snow!;)
I'm looking forward to seeing the pic.

Reactions: smokinj
Status
Not open for further replies.