More of the monster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
This is a CHITLOAD and a monstrous undertaking but I think I'm up to it,this stash would ensure me burning with what I have already well into 6 years from now.I'll keep yas posted.

Attachments

• White Oak and Stove 015-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 015-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 641
  • White Oak and Stove 016-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 016-1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 638
  • White Oak and Stove 017-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 017-1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 695
  • White Oak and Stove 018-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 018-1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 638
  • White Oak and Stove 019-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 019-1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 625
  • White Oak and Stove 020-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 020-1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 627
What happened to your face ?

Blame it on the cameraman,I'm 6"1 if that gives any indication to this monsters size.

Good luck with your project!
I'm curious:
How did you come by the wood?
How much do you burn a year?
What species is this wood?
Happy burning!

WOW! Reminds me of a monster ash I got a few years ago. Using the tractor helped me a lot!

This wood was acquired by a friend of mine up the street who cuts trees for a living,we have a pending deal on the wood.I will tackle this beast with an 066 and my 9 horse 34 ton Brave who will eat it up and spit it out into easily manageable pieces. PS I am still calling this a white oak. Thanks,my friend is in the firewood business also and sells out every year,he's already made his $ taking this tree down in between 2 houses and it encompassed both of their roofs,a tough and dangerous job. This tree would heat my house 3 years easily.

That is a damn nice score. I would love to have a load of oak.

Nice, I think you have a mixture of wood there, I see a little White Oak, the shaggier bark. Most of the wood is just too smooth bark for white oak. It might be red but the wood looks too white. Once you split some take some more pictures and we can tell. If you look at the picture I modified, I say the yellow box may be white oak, the blue box cannot possibly be white oak, most probably maple branches.

Attachments

• White Oak and Stove 017-1.jpg
    White Oak and Stove 017-1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 340
Looks like red oak to me, but I am no expert.
Great score.

Those bigger rounds look like Willow or Pin oak.

Looking great/
Hope the splitter know how to go vertical LOL :)

Careful moving them around, mind the back ;)

Most anyone would be happy to have that wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.