Morso 1125 installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotter22

Hearth Supporter
Sep 19, 2010
Western MA
I have the opportunity to buy a used but good condition Morso 1125 stove. It would be installed on a raised hearth and vented up an existing fireplace chimney. I found a pdf. online for the operating instructions and very brief installation instructions. I have no idea how to measure for the install of this in terms of clearance and if it will work in my fireplace. I grew up with wood stoves, but I am definitely clueless about installation. Any advice on where to find specs and more detailed install instructions for this stove would be appreciated, or even a picture of one installed in front of a fireplace. Also, how would I find someone in my community to help me install it? Thanks

Welcome spotter. A good place to start would be to download the manual from here: http://www.morsousa.com/archive.html

This is a basic box stove. It will need 30" clearance to combustibles, measured from the flue pipe as noted in illustration 4 of the manual. There may need to be a mantle shield also. If you can post a picture of the fireplace, we may be able to point out clearance issues. Often there is a safe way of shielding combustibles, but we would need to see the issue to make suggestions. The stove will require the hearth in front of it to extend at least 16". If the current hearth is not deep enough, it may need an extension. Pictures are helpful here as well.

As for a safe installation, get a local certified chimneysweep to clean the flue, check out its condition and determine what is necessary for a liner and adapter to connect the stove. The webmaster may be able to make a suggestion if you are in his neck of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.