Morso 1410 Squirrel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Talking about improvements one more time. I really think that nothing is perfect so I keep trying...now most chips fall down in the plastic tray and the bench is higher...
I found so many good things and ideas on the present forum and some other ones that if I can give some ideas here that can serve to someone, good. If not many other members have many things to help on most stove burning areas.

IMG_6371.JPG IMG_6391.JPG

Reactions: MR. GLO
I hope that I can buy enough wood cut already and split to store in a wood shed so that I can just be ready for a emergency and also a certain amount of learning to get used to my little Morso 1410 when it arrives at end of May. In the meanwhile I am going to have a small wood shed built in my yard when it is nice and dry because I know the value of burning seasoned wood that is dry. I am checking on this but our snowstorm has pushed everything back and companies are not at their desks at the moment in order to answer some questions.. I intend to get a little saw like you have and that wood holder as well--some use straps and its only a matter of getting there to look for this type of equipment to keep around just in case I need to cut this stuff.---lol ( I hope to buy my first wood and need to make sure it is dry dry and more dry as well..) The picture is nice and that is a good idea of raising it with a pan underneath keeping it clean in the house. (In case one has to cut it in the house)--I prefer outside--lol. But sometimes it has to be cut inside. I can't wait to get my little Morso 1410 squirrel wood heater just like yours...Yes--Squirrel Power...Thanks for the suggestion. clancey.

I wish that were a Dewalt brand saw. A tiny saw like that would be awesome for all the fence posts I'm processing.

I hope that I can buy enough wood cut already and split to store in a wood shed so that I can just be ready for a emergency and also a certain amount of learning to get used to my little Morso 1410 when it arrives at end of May. In the meanwhile I am going to have a small wood shed built in my yard when it is nice and dry because I know the value of burning seasoned wood that is dry. I am checking on this but our snowstorm has pushed everything back and companies are not at their desks at the moment in order to answer some questions.. I intend to get a little saw like you have and that wood holder as well--some use straps and its only a matter of getting there to look for this type of equipment to keep around just in case I need to cut this stuff.---lol ( I hope to buy my first wood and need to make sure it is dry dry and more dry as well..) The picture is nice and that is a good idea of raising it with a pan underneath keeping it clean in the house. (In case one has to cut it in the house)--I prefer outside--lol. But sometimes it has to be cut inside. I can't wait to get my little Morso 1410 squirrel wood heater just like yours...Yes--Squirrel Power...Thanks for the suggestion. clancey.
Hi clancey, I re-cut the wood underneath the patio, where I put the wood and all I can...inside the house : not shure, don't forget that a chain saw has oiled chain and it can spread some oil ...don't forget to send us photos showing the stove, new construction, chain saw, the cat ,the dog LOL. We like photos here.

I wish that were a Dewalt brand saw. A tiny saw like that would be awesome for all the fence posts I'm processing.
I don't know for Dewalt but one thing with the Milwaukee is that it throws the chips under the handle, a must for my inside jobs, anyway Dewalt makes good products and when having batteries from a brand it's easier to add a tool for it, I saw one *ching-chong* small chain saw on the net, almost **free** and the chips were blowing in front of the blade, Maybe not important cause that cheap chain saw would last not very long...

Hi Morso members and the other members.
Here is the top pcooking plate to enlarge a little the cooking surface, it has an all around groove helping to keep the stove clean. Was gought for the soapstones stoves but never used it on the soapstone. I will see how the plate works with the Squirrel.

IMG_6400.JPG IMG_6402.JPG

Those pictures are nice--I love that little squirrel and I did not realize that the cutting tool had a chain on it--don't they have another one without the chain and maybe lighter for us "oldsters" Yea I will take pictures of everything --temperature gauges and moisture control items and carbon dioxide instruments and wood and whatever more I got--thanks nortcan for the encouragement even a baby pot to heat water on for my coffee...clancey

Those pictures are nice--I love that little squirrel and I did not realize that the cutting tool had a chain on it--don't they have another one without the chain and maybe lighter for us "oldsters" Yea I will take pictures of everything --temperature gauges and moisture control items and carbon dioxide instruments and wood and whatever more I got--thanks nortcan for the encouragement even a baby pot to heat water on for my coffee...clancey
When you talk about the cutting tool, do you mean the : chain saw ? If so, yes it has a chain but the tool is very easy to use, can be hold with 2 hands or just one . Safer wit the 2 but if carefull it can be done with only one and hold the piece of wood with the other hand. As you can see on the photos, I use a vise to hold the small logs, much safer than holding the wood with a foot cause the wood is small and is cut 8 to10 inches long. Take time to do all what you will have to do. One thing you probably know is to try to have the door communicating from the porch to the house as large as possible so the heat from the stove could warm up the rest of the house easily.

Hi all, the little Squirrel still be a good one, I got many stoves here in the same house from near 40 yrs :cat, no cat, anthracite (coal)...., and that Squirrel is very surprising for the ease to operate it, burn times, the look, size for the small living room, even the cats love it...The combustion is 99% without smoke at the chimney's top. I can't say the same for the 2020 Heritage TruHybrid (cat). To be shure of that I re-installed a camera on the roof to see how it was burning clean or not with the cat engage and without it, wood loads, stove temperatures...I bought the camera years ago when having the big VC Defiant cat, I was tired to go outside to discover that the supposed to be very low emission stove was fuming the neighborhood...
The Squirrel gets the secondary burn so fast that I'm always surprised of it, maybe because the fire box is very small and the combustion is easier to get , I don't know?
Photos are not the best ones

Attachments

• IMG_6416.JPG
    IMG_6416.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: SpaceBus
You got yourself a beautiful stove and it heats well too. I was going to get one for my porch but cancelled it because I just fell in love another one and hoping to have as much success as you are having with your beautiful Morso 1410 and a fine good looking stove as well.. This gets so involved at this point because I am trying to make my new selection of stove part of my house and i will attempt to tear down a wall to get heat to the rest of the house instead of just the porch area (original idea)..But I enjoy hearing about your "Squirrel" power..Thanks..clancey

You got yourself a beautiful stove and it heats well too. I was going to get one for my porch but cancelled it because I just fell in love another one and hoping to have as much success as you are having with your beautiful Morso 1410 and a fine good looking stove as well.. This gets so involved at this point because I am trying to make my new selection of stove part of my house and i will attempt to tear down a wall to get heat to the rest of the house instead of just the porch area (original idea)..But I enjoy hearing about your "Squirrel" power..Thanks..clancey
Good idea about the wall,. About the love for stoves I agree with you, love is a very strong thing! Take time and good luck.

Thanks Nortcan and I will keep everybody posted on what is happening with the stove I picked out---a long way to go with it at this time--plenty of work as you know--thanks again...clancey