Morso 3610 new member and stove user

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DarnHot

Jan 13, 2017
The Great North
Hi - relatively new wood stove user (Morso 3610 / 60,000 BTU stove), looking to possibly connect with other 3610 users. I had my stove installed in 2015 (in my basement which I recently had divided into two areas so that I could insulate the section using the stove) and at the present time only using biobricks and bioblocks. The stove and brick combo works great, giving me chimney temp of 450° and 90° - 94° area temp by the stove (which gets me 64° upstairs). Had floor vents installed but the big winner is my open basement door which really gets me comfortable. Since I have a cat, I fashioned a basement screen door out of two connected bookshelves (6 ft x 32").

Since I have not used traditional logs yet, I am curious as to the stove's performance with traditional wood. My 2 lb bricks (6) runs 1hr 15 mins, runs very clean and leaves little ash - 28 bricks did not fill those ash pans upon cooling which produced heat for approx. 8 hours. Curious as to how that compares to a typical load of traditional wood.

The stove is for backup / end of times scenarios. My usual source of heat is propane. I run the stove once a week to gain experience in the operation. I would like to get some additional ash pans so that at some point, I can round robin those pans to keep the heat moving through the house continuously. I have no trouble with adding the bricks onto the ash bed.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. Need to read up on how to post pics - have a few to share.