Morso 5600 vs Jotul Rockland or Wintersport--seeking your advice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizziechase

Sep 16, 2008
Westchester County, NY
Hi,

I’m new to hearth.com and also to wood-burning inserts, but have been researching diligently, and have been to a number of dealers and need some advice from you guys! We have an old, poorly insulated, oil-heated house in New York, 2000 sq feet. The downstairs is about 1250 sq feet, very open, and the fireplace is about ten feet from the staircase leading upstairs--so open air flow. We are also gradually insulating, changing the windows, etc. so that in three or four years time, I think we’ll be fully updated in that respect. We are looking for a better heating system than switching to natural gas (our only choice currently) so we are very interested in supplementing our heat with the insert. My husband cares about looks and likes contemporary design--hence the Morso. But i’m hearing mixed things about the Morso (mostly from dealers who don’t sell it!) and the discussion board here seems to pretty universally like the Jotuls. Does anyone have an opinion? thanks

Lizziec, you didn't mention the Jotul Kennebec, the mid sized unit in their lineup. I can tell you that it is sized just about perfectly for my house ( 1300 or 1400 sq. foot ranch). I also know a couple of morso owners, neither of which have ever complained about their stoves. Whichever you choose I think you've narrowed it down to some nice options.

Status
Not open for further replies.