Mother nature sure is nice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
I had at least 4 good size dead standing trees and over the last week mother nature took care of three of them. I still have a very big white oak dead standing that I may attempt to fell but for now I have resisted. Last week mother nature took down a big maple and a sycamore. Christmas eve brought high winds again and brought down a big shagbark. It could not have dropped in a better place. It did not take any other trees with it when it went either..............pictures do not do it justice. It is a big one. bearded asil hen 047.jpg

Merry Christmas to you!

Like your MN is nice approach but she usually don't care when & where she drops them.
If any are near something they might damage, I've learned to take them before MN does ;)

Bucked up yet :)

I love when that happens...

Seems like the only thing they get wrong with our weather are the winds (never did get them this last storm) nice score,
zap

Good for you Tim! Nothing like free BTUs. Show us some pics of the work when you get a chance. I want that c/s/s, with pics, by New Years day. ;)

Did the deed on this shagbark this morning. It didn't take long with a new chain. Also took a picture of some of the rounds of maple I got the othe day. Couldn't take much as there is a little snow on the ground.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 052.jpg
    bearded asil hen 052.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 187
  • bearded asil hen 054.jpg
    bearded asil hen 054.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 197
  • bearded asil hen 055.jpg
    bearded asil hen 055.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 164
  • bearded asil hen 056.jpg
    bearded asil hen 056.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 169
Nice rounds and free, more or less.... Pictures like that make me all weak in the knees and my heart skips a beat or two.;)

etiger, if cut in the winter like this one, two years. If your ahead of the game, three years. Minimum would be a year and a half if split in the spring or early summer.

Reactions: etiger2007
Did the deed on this shagbark this morning. It didn't take long with a new chain. Also took a picture of some of the rounds of maple I got the othe day. Couldn't take much as there is a little snow on the ground.
When it's all said and done you might have enough hickory for a small smoker ,good job now get them little rounds split.

They're usually full of rather deep woodpecker holes here if left to MN to drop.
I hope you get much more solid wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.