Moving warm air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. so this is why I couldn't find the Pinwood solution. Pinwood is a person... :)

So what I need to do is make some duct lines from my vaulted ceiling to my bedrooms without any in-line fans installed, and also make some duct lines running under my house with a in-line fan blowing the cool air back into the insert room?

Ah, the infamous ceiling Header problem. I have been wanting to at least put a vent in the one between out living room where the stove it and the kitchen. Its a semi cathedral ceiling with a bigass 3' monstrosity that just blocks a whole bunch of the best heat. I can't knock it out because its a center load bearing wall span but it sure would benefit from a large vent. Then there is another smaller one in the hall and above the bedrooms. One of these days when the old lady isn't around to howl, chop chop chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.