Mr. WebMaster II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayttt

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2008
poconos pa
Just a short note to say thanks for wading thru all the crap of posts and other misinformations and panic and thinks and posting you long time experienced voice to help use relatively newbies to pellet heat to keep us level headed and informed. This site is great. I enjoy reading the forums a couple of times a day at least..even in the dead heat of summer. I'd never thought Id be reading year round about a seasonal thing but find my self doing so..just to learn and keep informed!

Thanks
Ray

Very well said Ray, and I strongly agree.

I will admit that as of 3 months ago I had heard of pellet stoves, but really knew ZERO about them. At that time I had already spent so many, many hours online trying to learn about alternative energy sources so maybe I could somehow reduce or eliminate my use of fuel oil heat. I actually have 2 Algonquin gas mains going right through my property, I believe one is an 18" pipe and the other a 24" pipe, but not available for me to tap into on our street, so gas isn't an option for us.

Then I started learning about pellet stoves, how efficient they are, easy to install and rather simple maintenance. The idea of having a stove and enough pellets in my possession before the snow flies was my biggest motivation. Once I found this website and forums, I was glued to my computer for days on end. I was reading posts well back into 2006 to date and the information I obtained allowed me to make an informed decision about what stove I wanted and it all became a reality.

I had drawn up all the detailed plans I needed in Autocad and presented them to a local dealer who had our new stove and everything we needed for venting in the back of my truck within a half-hour. At the same time I ordered (and paid for) 3 tons of Barefoot pellets from PelletsDirect and was promised September delivery. Submitted my plans for permit and once approved installation was rather straight forward and easy. Install inspected, approved and for the first time in many years, I'm actually looking forward to winter.

There is absolutely no possible way I would have made the decisions I have without this forum and all the information I gained here, and now that it's all done, I feel 100% confident that I made the right decisions. We paid cash for everything we needed and we are content knowing that we are ready for winter (once our pellets arrive). Too much of our dollars are already being sent overseas to support other countries, now it's time to keep it here in the good old U.S.A.

Thanks very much to the Webmaster, forum administrators, whoever you are.

Steve

I'm convinced Craig sleeps 20 minutes a day given how well he keeps up with things.

It's me....and you would be amazed at how much I goof off.

Maybe I consider this goofing off.

Either way, I enjoy...and have always enjoyed....helping educate folks about solid fuel.

No way, however, I can keep up with the board. I think you have to thank BeGreen (more posts than me!) for a lot of that, as well as the other mods. The amazing thing about this community, however, is that we have to do almost no moderation! I truly believe that most folks who consider solid fuel and renewables are a cut above - even when I had my shop...I took millions of dollars worth of personal checks, with almost no problems. My reasoning was "anyone who cuts and burns wood is not the kind of person looking to rip someone else off".

Largely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.