Mt Vernon Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chevmn56

Feb 12, 2022
Coolin Idaho
Good Morning all, i have a Mt Vernon non self cleaning. I was told that these units have too use the thermostat that it came with, something about compatability with the main board. I find it hard to believe that there is another thermostat out that works with it. The problem i have is that if i set it at 70 it shuts off at and restarts at 70. There is no dead spot, it use to be that the stats wpuld heat to like 72 the not rrheat till 68. This use to be called a dead zone. Is there any stats out there that will do this???? preferably a smart stat????

Can't speak to non-self cleaning. I have an AE which self cleans and I can tell you that the Quadfire t-stat is definitely proprietary.

If you have the Mt Vernon factory thermostat page 17 of the owners manual tells you how to adjust the “differential “ which is the diffrence between turn off and turn back on.

Ken

Reactions: Chevmn56
The old style Mt. Vernon uses a normal 12v AC thermostat, which means any 12v AC thermostat will work. Only the Mt. Vernon AE, uses a special wall control. kap