My electric splitter set up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

billfred

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2015
indy
Big rounds of Beech. Handled it just fine. Wired up a foot pedal. That helps.
IMG_4866.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG

Nice.

That’s a great example of “work smarter, not harder”. Or in my native Rhode Island, “work smatta, not hadda”.

Reactions: Ashful and Lakeside
For work in the woods, do you have power from the truck to run the splitter? I know some here say the electric splitters are ok, but those rounds look big for it.

Nicest outfeed table I’ve ever seen.

Great set up, my little electric splitter split 95% of what i threw at it, until it broke ;lol

Most the wood I get I’m able to bring back to the house so I don’t have to worry about power in the woods.
There’s some disadvantages over a gas powered one. But for the $150 I spent, it’s worth it.

Most the wood I get I’m able to bring back to the house so I don’t have to worry about power in the woods.
There’s some disadvantages over a gas powered one. But for the $150 I spent, it’s worth it.
And with that little trailer, I imagine you can go to the woods, load the trailer with a few rounds, and then drive home where you can split into the back of the truck.

You could also throw a generator on the trailer or in the back of the pickup, and split on-site.