My Favorite Craigslist Wood Score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnDolz

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2015
Burlington, CT
I have been fortunate to grab lots of wood scores via Craigslist but this one has to be my favorite. Only 5 miles from my house, told the guy that my truck could handle 1.5 cord, he stacked about 1.6 cord at the curb. All cut to 18" +/- a little - the size my boiler loves. All I had to do was load a little, move the truck forward 5' and repeat a few times. He has at least another load out back, will cut it to size, stack at the curb and give me a yell, sweet:)!

Attachments

• Wood 1.jpg
    Wood 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Wood 2.jpg
    Wood 2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 216
Amazing. You owe that gentleman a case of good beer of his choice, or a nice bourbon.

(nice trailer too)

Amazing. You owe that gentleman a case of good beer of his choice, or a nice bourbon.

(nice trailer too)
Indeed and thanks.

What he wont split it for you?
Good point, I will let him know that I am refusing to pick up unless split! Do you think I should I mandate split size?

Of course! Nice haul....I dig the trailer....wish i had one like that.
Thanks. I park the trailer in a heavily wooded area and got tired of the wood boards rotting so treated myself to something new last year (most of my purchases come via Craigslist). The problem is that I now need a truck capable of of being equal to the trailers capabilities....:)

Reactions: Grizzerbear