My fireplace chimney was burned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

potris

Jan 5, 2019
GREECE
Happy new year to everybody . Two years ago (Dec.16') my fireplace chimney was burned . Before that and for several months I was burning woods of black pine , which , in addition to the high content of resin , they were not seasoned . This December, the chimney burned again , despite the fact that the wood are right in all respects . I burn the fireplace every day , but I take away the ashes of the previous days , every 10-15 days . The remaining ash that stays inside becomes powder . Question: Do I stress the ash conditions for ignition of the chimney ? Does the ash / powder stick to the already existing creosote and to the constantly created creosote and the ignition becomes more likely? Thanks in advance for any answers .

Happy new year to everybody . Two years ago (Dec.16') my fireplace chimney was burned . Before that and for several months I was burning woods of black pine , which , in addition to the high content of resin , they were not seasoned . This December, the chimney burned again , despite the fact that the wood are right in all respects . I burn the fireplace every day , but I take away the ashes of the previous days , every 10-15 days . The remaining ash that stays inside becomes powder . Question: Do I stress the ash conditions for ignition of the chimney ? Does the ash / powder stick to the already existing creosote and to the constantly created creosote and the ignition becomes more likely? Thanks in advance for any answers .
How often do you clean your chimney? Is this a stove or fireplace?