My GSW J1000 Circa?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Xbassman

Feb 18, 2023
Texas
Bought this used a good 24 yrs ago. It has been operating like a champ since. Firebrick lined. It has some sort of damper on lower leftside. "Warmer" "Cooler" by turning knob. Need help understanding this thing.

20230218_125455.jpg

Is there a UL label with clearances? The first thing is to make sure it is properly installed and the close clearances are ok.

According to this video the side clearances are 26" and rear clearance is 18". From the looks of things the stove is too close to the corner walls, but I don't have the manual or UL label. The air control is on the left side and the ashpan is on the lower right side.

Last edited:
No label anywhere. Do know that the stove when burning hot is just warm to the touch on all sides and bottom. Only label is on the air control left lower side of stove with GSW letters. Circa not important, I am just curious when it was produced. Do you know anything about the air control knob? Position when starting vs when it reaches optimum temp? Semper Paratus

The air control in the video looks like it has warmer - cooler marked on it. Is that correct? If so, start the fire with the control all the way to warmer.