My Lopi Liberty experience 2023/24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I didn't mention in my post below but the Lopi Liberty will takeoff temp wise if you load it up with beech, sugar maple or any good seasoned hardwood even with the air closed down all the way. I've learned to control the stovetop temps by the size of the load.

I would be worried about the flooring in front of your hearth, do you have a fan on your Liberty.
I've been able to control the temps no problem all winter using the same mix, I honestly think she left the air open a tad too much. When I got up and shut the air off completely it cooled down to 550 in about 10 minutes.

I don't have the fan kit, but have a pedestal fan blowing across the top of the stove. The amount of heat passing thru the door is insane.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I've been able to control the temps no problem all winter using the same mix, I honestly think she left the air open a tad too much. When I got up and shut the air off completely it cooled down to 550 in about 10 minutes.

I don't have the fan kit, but have a pedestal fan blowing across the top of the stove. The amount of heat passing thru the door is insane.
A fan on the stove would help cool the stove off. I had a brand new snap disk not work so the stovetop temps kept going up because the fan wouldn't kick on, after that it's wired so I turn the fan on once the fire gets going.

Thank god I had read on here how to stop an overfire, I did the dance. I have magnetic thermometers on the stovetop and the pipe coming out of the top of the Liberty, once I saw the stovetop temps getting higher, I would open up the bypass & once the pipe temp started getting higher the stovetop would drop & then I would shut the bypass & repeat until you get it under control. That was the only time I needed it but I'm glad that I read the post.