My Mt. Vernon and lack of cleaning. ***pics***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kykel said:
thanks. I was interested in that stove until I got the price. 5,000 was a little to steep for me

I sell them at $4000 unless you want the porcelain.

95% or more of the ash goes to the ash pan on the Enviro's and self cleaning burnpots as well. M55 cast would be under $4K.

Not buying the sales pitch.

J Im glad The price was to High on the quad. I never would have found the enviro m55. This thing really is maintenance free for me. Put pellets in and enjoy the heat. well worth the 3200 I paid

j-takeman said:
95% or more of the ash goes to the ash pan on the Enviro's and self cleaning burnpots as well. M55 cast would be under $4K.

Thats impressive only 5% ash left in the firebox, seems unbelievable.

Does the firebox/pot area have a floor or is it open to the ash pan?

Pics?

I cleaned my P-43 for the first time today ( new stove ) after about 10 bags just to get the experience. Went well kind of fun, oh no I think I have the pellet fever :)

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:

Pics?

hearthtools did a 35 plus bag burn with his Omega and had some pictures(link below).

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13351/#147693

Here is my burnpot after 1 weeks burn. I burned over 12 bags. But this is as full as the pot will get. It keeps pushing the ash ovewr the side into the pan. If I took a picture of my 3.5 bags burned so far this season, The pot will look close to the same as this.

Attachments

• ash in pot.jpg
    ash in pot.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 220
referee38 said:
I cleaned my P-43 for the first time today ( new stove ) after about 10 bags just to get the experience. Went well kind of fun, oh no I think I have the pellet fever :)

Well then, where's all the pellets?

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]
kykel said:
thanks. I was interested in that stove until I got the price. 5,000 was a little to steep for me

Thats amazing. Just add NY and there's $1000 more. Just like pellets.

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:

Pics?

hearthtools did a 35 plus bag burn with his Omega and had some pictures(link below).

Here is my burnpot after 1 weeks burn. I burned over 12 bags. But this is as full as the pot will get. It keeps pushing the ash ovewr the side into the pan. If I took a picture of my 3.5 bags burned so far this season, The pot will look close to the same as this.

Gotcha, comparing apples to oranges.

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:

Pics?

Forgot to answer that there is no floor, Floor would be the bottom of the ash pan.

Can you MT Vernon burn 35 bags without opening the door?

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:

Pics?

Forgot to answer that there is no floor, Floor would be the bottom of the ash pan.

I'm not gonna do the my stove is better than your stove thing.

I have not tried burning 35 bags as I feel the ash pan on the Mt Vernon is too small for that kind of run.

Also the MV has a floor in the firebox hiding the ugly inner workings of the auto clean so half the ash has nowhere to go other than there.

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
j-takeman" date="1320442307 said:
95% or more of the ash goes to the ash pan on the Enviro's and self cleaning burnpot as well. M55 cast would be under $4K.

Pics?

I'm not gonna do the my stove is better than your stove thing.
I have not tried burning 35 bags as I feel the ash pan on the Mt Vernon is too small for that kind of run.

Also the MV has a floor in the firebox hiding the ugly inner workings of the auto clean so half the ash has nowhere to go other than there.

Oh', I thought you were with the "Gotcha, comparing apples to oranges" quote! Besides I don't push mine past 2 weeks cleaning. Stays more efficient IMHO(more heat in my house!). To me the real test isn't how long they will go but what can they eat without choking! Find a pellet that clinkers very badly and see if it will run them. I haven't found anything yet!

The MT Vernon is a looker, and techy too! Price was a bit much in my area. But I did do a good bit of drooling in the show room. Lots of bells and whistles, in a pretty package!

kykel said:
kykel said:

Was ne holding a gun when he gave you that price?

Eric

With pellets, I can go about 2 weeks burning my AE fulltime and about 25 bags before I have to clean. This involves a shutdown and teardown of the baffle. Takes me about 30 minutes. If I don't do this the heat exchanger clogs up with ash causing the stove to run rich with too many pellets in the burnpot.

BIH

kykel said:
kykel said:

Was ne holding a gun when he gave you that price?

Eric

I never even went to the store after he quoted me over the phone. Even if he took 500 off it was still to pricey for me

Status
Not open for further replies.