My new Big E hopper holds only 3 bags of pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fill the corners to the top it will hold more than 3 bags. Not a big deal anyway. Most stoves only fit a bag or 2. Without the capacity, it wouldn't have such an ugly appeal. Lol

I did. I pushed pellets into every corner and 3 bags filled it to the very top.

I ordered the stove from Rural King and was a little concerned I got an older model which were advertised as having 120 lb hoppers.

Maybe it's the size of the pellets?

FG.

StoveMiser said:
If you fill the corners to the top it will hold more than 3 bags. Not a big deal anyway. Most stoves only fit a bag or 2. Without the capacity, it wouldn't have such an ugly appeal. Lol

I doubt the size of the pellets are going to account for another 20lbs. By that I mean if you had even smaller pellets the amount of space you would gain would not amount to 20lbs of pellet space. I think you might have answered your question in the second part of your second post. If you think you might have gotten the model that only holds 120 lbs....and your stove only holds 120lbs.....then there's no reason to believe your stove would hold 140 lbs. My guess is that you were right, besides 20 lbs isn't going to buy you THAT much time. I would only be concerned if there was a price difference between the models.

Dump in 2-1/2 gallons of water for the extra 20 lbs %-P

My new 2008 stove has the exact dimensions the advertised 140lb stove has and it only holds exactly 3 bags/120 lbs.

So I can only chaulk it up to manufacturer dishonesty.

FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.