My new little Champion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Sams Club was selling this little splitter, some assembly required. $400. Beats a maul.
Splitter 2.jpg

Nice, I got one of those Swisher 12 tons for the same price brand new. Much easier on the joints.

Well I could have got a larger one for that price I would have, but I did not buy for $400 either. Last one at store was half price:) I can't get the motor and pump for that.
My free use or sort of free 37 ton was sold. What a monster and not needed for my couple cords of cleanup ash in my 5 acre grove.

You'll be able to do 99% of your wood with that. I only had a few rounds I couldn't do with mine. Huge hickory rounds that I set in the sun for two weeks and I was able to split them.

I already tackled a round of about 16 inch without issue. I block then season for a few months. The forward swept wedge gets a good split going without a full contact on the wedge.