my new stove is louder than the old one HELP IDEAS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1966

Aug 24, 2008
south jersey
my new osburn stove is quite abit louder than my old jamestown that was 20 years old itis mostly do to combustion fan could i inclose the area with insulation to help with the noise or will it get better with run time

This is the first pellet stove we've ever had and we're a little concerned with the noise of the fan. Apparently putting it into the "quiet" mode isn't even going to do anything, either. We have ours right in the midst of our living space so that it will distribute heat well, but I have to say I'm a little less than gung ho on this right now. :(

If anyone has any suggestions on dealing with the sound issue, I'm all ears. ;)

mine is better now it had a bad high heat sensior they came in replaced it and it is quieter dont under stand what that had to do with the noise but now it will keep running,the stove puts out alot more than my old stove so the little bit of extra noise is not that bad.they think it caused the fan to run harder to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.