My Playground!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
You thought this was my playground, this picture was taken coming back from a hour walk looking for downed trees. The dogcat needed some water when we got home.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0665.jpg
    100_0665.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 504
PapaDave said:
Let me get this straight. The CAT followed you through the woods for an HOUR?
That's just a too cool cat.

Thats why I call him my dogcat we taught him how to shake,sit,lay down and rollover when he was a kitten, but if I let him outside by himself he would take off.

zap

Does it fetch?

HehHeh . . . I have a "dogcat" too . . . although sometimes he also thinks he is a person.

Goes for walk with us . . . like a dog.

Sits in the camp chairs beside a camp fire . . . like a person.

When he was little he would dig in the ground . . . like a dog.

Caught him sitting in a chair at the dining room table one morning as if expecting to be served breakfast . . . like a person.

When he was younger we could toss a stuffed animal and he would grab it and come back with it . . . like a dog.

He insists on sleeping on the bed . . . with a pillow under his head . . . like a person.

Yeah, we have one messed up cat . . . defnitely needs some counseling.

firefighterjake said:
HehHeh . . . I have a "dogcat" too . . . although sometimes he also thinks he is a person.

Caught him sitting in a chair at the dining room table one morning as if expecting to be served breakfast . . . like a person.

When he was younger we could toss a stuffed animal and he would grab it and come back with it . . . like a dog.

He insists on sleeping on the bed . . . with a pillow under his head . . . like a person.

Group Session?

zap

zapny said:
firefighterjake said:

Group Session?

zap

:) Hmmm . . . maybe the counselor will give the cat and I a volume discount. :)

I'm not a cat fan, but I'd like me a Dog-Cat that sounds like those two....

I had a cat that would follow me in the woods, too.
I would take the dog - it would run by me every now and then without even a how do you do.
The cat would be up a tree.
I could walk a 1/4 mile into the woods, look around and there would be the cat, up another tree.
If it as in a wild mood it would try to grab your head as you walked by.
Sometimes it would attack. Jump out of the bushes, jump onto your leg, dig all its claws in and jump back off and disappear just as quick.
You would make its day if you attacked back.
Ignoring it was less painful.
Other days it would just watch what you were doing.

Adios Pantalones said:
LOL- there was a cartoon called "Catdog". It was a bit disturbing on occasion.
That's a quality cartoon right there. I used to watch that. I didn't have kids at the time, either. go figure.

That's a great cat!

Ours has taken to harassing the waterfowl of late. Today it spent 45 minutes down by the dock. There is also an otter down there, but I don't know if she's aware of that!

Attachments

• 4-11-10 Mama-n-the fowl-2.jpg
    4-11-10 Mama-n-the fowl-2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.