My stash part of .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Five hundred feet of stacked wood,oak,hard maple,locust,ash,and cherry 80% oak,and hard maple.
The stacks are back to back and some can't be seen over 500 feet total.I still have a fair pile of logs that need cut and split this summer.Stacks are 4 to 6 feet in height.
woody.jpg

Slacker....what have you been doing with your time?

Reactions: Rangerbait
Five hundred feet of stacked wood,oak,hard maple,locust,ash,and cherry 80% oak,and hard maple.
The stacks are back to back and some can't be seen over 500 feet total.I still have a fair pile of logs that need cut and split this summer.Stacks are 4 to 6 feet in height.View attachment 197266
There is about 3 feet in between the stacks to allow for air flow,I also counted over a dozen wind blown ash trees from 10 inches to 20 inches in diameter blown down,all beautiful stuff. No shortage of wood here but plenty of hard work.

hope you don't get tornadoes around there... !!!

Years ago there was a flood some poor soul lost over 5 cord , mother nature gives and takeith away.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill those stacks are great. Much work there - money in the bank. :)

Well that's one way to keep the bears out of the yard

The stacks are back to back and some can't be seen over 500 feet total.I still have a fair pile of logs that need cut and split this summer.Stacks are 4 to 6 feet in height.View attachment 197266
Nice work. How many years should this get you through?

40 cords?

hope you don't get tornadoes around there... !!!
About 30 cords,as far as tornadoes whatever happens ,happens,Gods will.And another 8plus cords in logs yet to cut but at my leisure. The wood varies in age from 1 to 10 years the locust being at least that. Life is good.

Whoa! The problem with selling it I would think is it would hurt to see the beautiful fortress of wood dwindle down. There's some kind of addiction to it being "complete" for me anyway...and I have a fraction of what this guy has!

Whoa! The problem with selling it I would think is it would hurt to see the beautiful fortress of wood dwindle down. There's some kind of addiction to it being "complete" for me anyway...and I have a fraction of what this guy has!

True.

There is also a little bit of 'OK, complete. Now what?' too.

getting there is the journey