my turn 1st fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, good videos, couldnt watch all though I have the air conditioner on and it was getting warm in here .

Good Luck

My first breakin fire and practice with pictures.

Attachments

• SDC10048.jpg
    SDC10048.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 499
  • wood 008 Resized.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 487
Sure are getting a lot of ash on the catch tray there............what'cha doin? sneezin when you're messin inside the thing?

-Soupy1957

That ash dirt is still from last year, I just shop vac'd the loose stuff. That's one of the problems with a small firebox though, to fit enough wood in it is usually near the glass which means when I open the door to reload it's rare that I don't get a bunch of ash falling out.

cptoneleg looks nice. I'm finding the picture taking much more fun with a real camera then just the cell phone camera. I also like this time of the year all the pictures and videos. Though it's simular (wood heating) it's neat to see different setups, different styles, designs, and ways.

Trust me, the 1100C is a lot better for ash and coal containment than some stoves (cough, cough - looking at you BIS Ultima).

DiscoInferno said:
Trust me, the 1100C is a lot better for ash and coal containment than some stoves (cough, cough - looking at you BIS Ultima).

I have to trust you i see you have both :). Since the only thing I have to compare it to is the barrel stove at the cabin. I don't mind a little clean up every once in a while; theres a reason I installed ceramic tile instead of carpet in that room.

Status
Not open for further replies.