My widow makers from last winter are down and home now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
image.jpeg
Maybe you remember these two trees I was thinking about bringing down last year? I finally just took them down in October. I usually cut alone but for these I had the help of a logger neighbor as I figured it'd be good to have help in case anything bad happened and with him being a logger who harvests hardwoods up here for the paper mills his experience would be helpful! What we did is attach a few chains 3' above a notch and back cut that still kept the tree stable in its situation but would allow me to pull them down from a safe,distance with my ATV. It only took maybe an hour to pull the two maples down and with them being a block from ho,e I bucked them up and hauled the bounty home with my ATV and Polar trailer. It's 15 up here right now and I have a nice fire going, love living in a hardwood forest!

Cool beans, we knew would get em.

Safe is always good, they may be dry too and ready to burn.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.