my wood pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ecocavalier02 said:
Just some pics for 2010 2011 wood and 2011 and 2012 wood. using some tyvec paper this year with and airspace below the tarps hope wit works ok. All split by hand as well.

Tyvec sounds like a good idea. Will it hold up for one season? Much cheaper than tarps

Tyvek does not hold up in the sun and wind very well. I would use something else unless it is free.

ecocavalier02 said:
Yeah it feels good lookin at it all especially when people ask did you do that all by yourself? And hand split people say I'm nuts. Especially my wife. But I love doing it.

Yer a hand splitting madman, love the stacking job, I need racks and posts. Looks like you have a nice supply of pallets also, I need to find some.

I didn't use the tyvec for long I switched to some rubber roof stuff I found. I don't cover the wood for the first year also. And I get pallets whenever I want from my supply house at work also I mow part time at an industrial lot and they a whole dumpster full always of the big long oak ones.

I slit old school also but I will never stack that nicely, good job. Just my 2 cents but, tarps suck! They leak tare and degrade in the sun. I like the rubber roofing idea. good luck in whatever you choose.

SolarAndWood said:
Looks good eco, the empire seems to have grown.

YEs it has. an it's growing everyday im going all out as much as i can get this year. just cut another good size maple down today.

Attachments

• hihi.jpg
    hihi.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 370
Can't beat the ones that fall in a parking lot for you.

Yeah. It is nice this is at my dads church. This is the second one I've taken down. And there's still about 7 more to cut all going right In the parking lot. Makes very easy loading.

The empire is really growing now. keep gettin wood! im getting some really big stuff lately and its looking like a 460 may be on order here pretty quick.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 295
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 292
on more

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 315
eco, you are a working fool. I like that.

That extra properly seasoned wood your gonna feed that stove of yours this winter is going to really make your stove preform above all expectations. Good work. Your payback is coming.

Looks great, keep on working until the body says rest.

zap

Thank you. I really do love the work involved. My neighbor from across the way came over and said i could use the splitter if i wanted and i said thanks for the offer but i love hand splitting. defiantly looking forward to the really really seasoned wood this year. starting off with some 3 year old oak and maple and some ugly chunks.

ecocavalier02 said:
Thank you. I really do love the work involved. My neighbor from across the way came over and said i could use the splitter if i wanted and i said thanks for the offer but i love hand splitting. defiantly looking forward to the really really seasoned wood this year. starting off with some 3 year old oak and maple and some ugly chunks.

The Lopi Liberty is chewing through some ugly chunks of beech,cherry and maple. Burning down some coals at the moment then load up some cherry, looks like 36 for the lows the next two nights then in the 50's to 60's through Saturday in the day. Not a drop of rain in the forecast.

zap

I have started burning yet I usually wait till novemeber. I love this weather. 60's in the house is just the way I like it.

trying to get organized i have had wood all over the place. trying to make some sense of it now. makin some progress

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 303
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 321
took dennis's advice this year and stacked at 4 1/2 feet. much more stable

Stacks look good Eco. Will the splits go from the stacks directly to the stove or stop in the shed first?

ecocavalier02 said:
trying to get organized i have had wood all over the place. trying to make some sense of it now. makin some progress

Eco nice work, the stacks look great and just remember all that wood needs stacking before the snow hits the ground. ;-)

Last year I left about two cord piled up in the front yard over the winter, promised myself I would never do that again.

zap

SolarAndWood said:
Stacks look good Eco. Will the splits go from the stacks directly to the stove or stop in the shed first?
that stuff will go to the shed in 2 years to be burned. Some of it in three years like the oak and crap. Some longer as I plan on gettin 4 years ahead

SolarAndWood said:
that stuff will go to the shed in 2 years to be burned. Some of it in three years like the oak and crap. Some longer as I plan on gettin 4 years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.