my wood pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:
trying to get organized i have had wood all over the place. trying to make some sense of it now. makin some progress

Eco nice work, the stacks look great and just remember all that wood needs stacking before the snow hits the ground. ;-)

Last year I left about two cord piled up in the front yard over the winter, promised myself I would never do that again.

zap
im trying to get as much split and stacked before first snow fly. but i'll be out there even with the snow. i love working in the snow. and cold.

ecocavalier02 said:
i love working in the snow. and cold.

Heard that. A 10-20 degree sunny day is the perfect time for splitting. I'd like to get set up so I have enough room to dump enough rounds to keep me busy over the winter. Perfect excuse to get outside.

SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
i love working in the snow. and cold.

Heard that. A 10-20 degree sunny day is the perfect time for splitting. I'd like to get set up so I have enough room to dump enough rounds to keep me busy over the winter. Perfect excuse to get outside.

+1 for sure!

I used to really like splitting when I was younger.
Could and would split all day.
Especially in the Winter - even on a cold day it was nice to be outside working as long as you didn't stop moving.

Everyone pretty much leaves ya alone, too - although kids sometimes get bored and want to help.
That can be entertaining as well. :)

Back won't let me do that any more.

Have to split small batches and even then sometimes it's on my knees.
No way I can sit in the house on a nice weekend afternoon.

Nice! Looking real good!

making progress gonna be long hours during this winter to get enough to sell more cutting to do this week then back to splitting by the end of the week. Looking for a trailer now.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 162
Yeah!! That looks real good! I have been splitting and stacking too. Not enough hours in the day...

FireAnt said:
Yeah!! That looks real good! I have been splitting and stacking too. Not enough hours in the day...
Never enuf hours. That's why I've been stacking with a headlamp on lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.