Napoleon 1600c-1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Napoleon 1100/1400/1600c stoves were among the first to have a cast iron jacket surrounding a steel stove. They burn pretty well as long as draft is decent.

122AC35C-BB92-4D83-96F7-B7C5F8DF3852.png
Doesn’t look like weldment to me ! Does it to you ?

Do you know any problems and when it went out of production?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, my error, the 1600c is different construction from the 1100c and 1400c. I haven't personally seen this stove for about a decade but it was still around about 5 yrs ago. We considered getting one, but have never owned or run it. I vaguely recall it being fairly radiant. We ended up getting a Castine instead.

Here's one thread on the 1600c.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/napoleon-1600c.46483/

You're right, my error, the 1600c is different construction from the 1100c and 1400c. I haven't personally seen this stove for about a decade but it was still around about 5 yrs ago. We considered getting one, but have never owned or run it. I vaguely recall it being fairly radiant. We ended up getting a Castine instead.

Here's one thread on the 1600c.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/napoleon-1600c.46483/

Did not mean to sound rude ! I have never seen one myself. Might have a line on one used for one season and pulled due to not heating the whole house story ! We have a pretty agresive draft so your above comment might be to our favor .

Do you recollect any know issues? I literally only found the one comment tread you listed !

No problem. I know little about the stove. The lack of real world feedback was one of the reasons we passed on the 1600 and got the Castine. They have similar construction. If the price is right and the stove doesn't show signs of abuse then it might be worth a try.

No problem. I know little about the stove. The lack of real world feedback was one of the reasons we passed on the 1600 and got the Castine. They have similar construction. If the price is right and the stove doesn't show signs of abuse then it might be worth a try.

I started looking at the f400 also and my wife showed this to me . Only damage that we know of at this point is a cracked glass ! Otherwise looks like new . At 2/3 the cost of the f400 might be a good deal .The wife said she wasn’t into the controls of a cat stove so we are trying to keep it simple . If the 602 could heat our place just about anything probably could!